Travel checklist: Tips to help you prepare for your next trip
Travel plans? TICO’s checklist is here to help you keep track of all the important details:
- Do your research – understand the conditions at your destination
- While a country’s borders may be open, will the attractions or sights that you are interested in visiting be available? Are there any special requirements to access tourism destinations, accommodations, or restaurants?
- Have the right documents to cross the border
- Is your passport valid? Remember, some destinations require that a passport be valid for an additional 3-6 months after travel. If you need to renew, submit your application early as there are currently passport processing delays.
- Is vaccination required to enter your chosen destination? Which vaccines are accepted? Have you downloaded Ontario’s vaccine passport?
- Will you or anyone that you’re traveling with be required to quarantine upon arrival?
- Do you need a negative COVID-19 test? Which types of tests are accepted?
- Check the Government of Canada’s travel advisories and the government website of the destination where you want to travel for specific details.
- Know the requirements for coming home
- Completing ArriveCan is optional as of October 1, 2022 when coming into Canada. Using the Advance CBSA Declaration feature within ArriveCAN lets you make a customs and immigration declaration up to 72 hours in advance of flying into Canada, giving you a faster border experience.
- Have questions about ArriveCan? Click here
- Read the fine print
- Before you book your travel, be sure to read the terms & conditions to know if you’re able to cancel or re-schedule your trip, if needed, and if there are any penalties associated with doing so.
5. Be covered with the right type of insurance
- Now more than ever, it’s critical to know what your travel cancellation, interruption and medical insurance will and won’t cover. You may want to consider additional insurance beyond what’s covered through your group benefits or credit cards.
- For more information on travel insurance, click here.
- For COVID-19 travel insurance FAQs, click here.
- Be flexible!
- Expect the unexpected. Even after booking, stay up-to-date with what’s happening in your destination and be prepared to make adjustments.
- Stay on top of airport conditions, as long waits have been reported for customs and security clearance. Be sure to give yourself ample time before your flight.
- Consider bringing only a carry-on bag, if possible, to avoid potential luggage delays.
- If your flight is cancelled or delayed, or you experience challenges with your luggage, know your rights and possible eligibility for compensation under the Air Passenger Protection Regulations (not enforced by TICO).
- Book with a TICO-registered travel agency or website
- With ever-changing travel requirements and conditions, booking with a TICO registered travel agency or website will help ensure all your t’s are crossed and i’s are dotted as you plan your trip, including necessary paperwork and the availability of travel insurance.
- You’ll be able to lean on the expert knowledge and professionalism of someone whose job it is to stay on top of travel requirements and regulations.
To verify if a travel agency or website is TICO registered, check our online directory.
For more travel tips and information, visit the Smart Traveller Guide.
Take the TICO Traveller Quiz to see what type of traveller you are.
All travel agencies and websites located and operating in Ontario are regulated by TICO. Registered travel agencies and websites provide additional consumer protection for your travel investment that may not be available when booking with travel agencies and websites based in other countries or provinces. For more information about how TICO helps, click here.
Any questions can be directed to email@example.com or 1-888-451-TICO (8426).