Dec 05`16 - Executive Worldwide Travel and Zakaria Sheikh - Conviction
Toronto– 501159 Ontario Limited o/a Executive Worldwide Travel (Executive Worldwide) and Zakaria Sheikh each pled guilty and were convicted of 2 counts of failing to hold customer funds in trust, contrary to section 27(6) of Ontario Regulation 26/05 made under the Travel Industry Act, 2002 (the Act). The following sentence was imposed in relation to both counts:
- Fine in the amount of $7,000 plus Victim Surcharge Fees, for a total of $8,750;
- Probation Order for 2 years;
- Free Standing Restitution of $39,735.38 payable to TICO.
Executive Worldwide Travel:
- Restitution, in the amount of CAD$13,656.77 and USD$2,290.85 payable to TICO.
- Fine of $5,000, per count, for a total of $10,000 plus Victim Surcharge Fees.
Zakaria Sheikh was Manager and President of Executive Worldwide, a registered travel agent under the Act, which voluntarily terminated its registration effective July 13, 2015. The Ontario Travel Industry Compensation Fund paid $56,390.10 to reimburse consumers who paid Executive Worldwide for travel services not provided. Zakaria Sheikh and Executive Worldwide operated in Ottawa and elsewhere in Ontario.
For More Information, Media Please Contact:
Mr. Richard Smart, President & C.E.O. or Dorian Werda, Vice President, Operations
Tel: (905) 624-6241 / Toll Free: 1-888-451-TICO