Feb 13`17 - Lorna Arcega - Conviction
Toronto– Lorna Arcega plead guilty and was convicted of two (2) counts of operating as a travel agent without registration, contrary to section 4(a) of the Travel Industry Act, 2002 (theAct). Ms. Arcega operated in Toronto and elsewhere in Ontario.
The plea and conviction under the Act was joined with the plea and conviction of four (4) counts of Fraud Under $5,000, under the Criminal Code of Canada. Ms. Arcega was sentenced on both sets of charges as follows:
- Restitution in the amount of $40,000 relating to Criminal Code charges;
- Restitution in the amount of $4,000 in relation to the charges under the Act;
- Two (2) years Probation with the condition (in addition to statutory conditions) not to be employed in the travel industry, in any capacity;
- Community Service: 50 hours in relation to Criminal Code charges and 50 hours in relation to the charges under the Act, for a total of 100 hours.
- Stand alone Restitution Orders for $2,100 (relating to the charges under the Act) and $63,322.47 (relating to the Criminal Code charges).
For More Information, Media Please Contact:
Mr. Richard Smart, President & C.E.O. or Dorian Werda, Vice President, Operations
Tel: (905) 624-6241 / Toll Free: 1-888-451-TICO