New Individual Registration Form
This information pertains to the Travel Counsellor Exam, the Supervisor/Manager Exam, or the combined Travel Counsellor and Supervisor/Manager Exam.
Please note that you must register to write the TICO Exam(s) at least 14 days prior to your chosen writing date.
Review the entire procedure before you begin to register. All sections need to be completed and this way you will have all the necessary information at your fingertips.
- Candidate information: This will provide TICO with basic information to identify each candidate.
- Agency/Home Information: This is the address where you will be receiving your exam results. However if you wish to have your results mailed to your agency or company, then put your agency or company information in this area. Please note that you do not need to fill in the Agency Name or Agency TICO Registration fields.
- Exam and Proctor Information: If you don't know the Proctor or the date of the exam, you can "save" your registration form until you have all the necessary information to complete it. You will not be allowed to proceed to 'checkout' and complete the registration process until you do complete the Proctor and exam date information.
- If you "save" the uncompleted registration form, the system will send you an email with your Unique TICO Exam Registration Number. You may then use this number to return to your uncompleted registration form to add any outstanding information, such as proctor information. At that point, the system will allow you to 'checkout' , submit payment and THEN your registration will be confirmed to you.
- Proctor Information: All areas must be completed. If the proctor has not yet been approved by TICO, the exam candidate should review the Proctor Guide and give it to the proposed Proctor in order to prepare the individual for his/her role in the exam writing process. Please note that the proposed Proctor must fill out the application form and fax or email his/her ID to TICO. TICO will then confirm the acceptability of the individual as a Proctor and ensure that the Proctor understands his/her role.
Please Note: TICO looks into all Proctor applications before determining their acceptability. If a candidate wishes to change a Proctor after TICO has already approved one, then TICO requires a minimum of 5 working days to process the new Proctor. If there are not 5 working days left before the scheduled exam date, the candidate may pay an expedited fee of $24.00 + applicable taxes to have the new proctor approved in time for the exam, or if it is simply not possible to approve the new Proctor in time, then the matter will be treated as a Re-Schedule (See Fees and Forms Page).
Privacy Considerations: Before you submit your form, please note the following points:
- TICO is required to submit basic identification information to Assessment Strategies Inc. (ASI), the testing company that facilitates the exam.
- TICO will only release exam results to the person who wrote the exam. TICO requires written consent from an exam candidate in order to release exam information to a third party such as a supervisor or manager or trainer.
- TICO will only send exam results to a third party if written permission from the exam candidate is received at the time the candidate registers for the exam process. If you want your results sent to a third party, please complete the Third Party Authorization Form .
- Please note that the Third Party Authorization Form must be submitted (or re-submitted) each time you register to write (or re-write) the exam.
Submit Form: When you click on "submit", you will proceed to the 'Checkout' section. Be sure all 'required' information is completed, or you will be prompted with the following message to correct errors before proceeding:
There were errors with your form.
Please correct all errors and try again.
The most common errors are adding hyphens or spaces in the phone number, not inputting the postal code in the correct format or submitting an exam date that is not at least 14 days away from the date on which you are registering.
- Checkout Form: You will find your exam order listed here.
- Payment Information: Please indicate which credit card you are using (TICO accepts VISA and MasterCard), or if you will be mailing in the registration form along with a cheque (made payable to TICO).
- Thank you for registering. You will get a message on your screen advising that you have been successfully registered. This will include a Unique TICO Exam Registration Number. You will be reminded at this point that if you did NOT list an exam date or a proctor, you will need to do so. There is a Print Page button. Please print the page and keep it for your records.
- Email Confirmation: You will receive an automated email confirming your successful registration and containing your Unique TICO Exam Registration Number. You will need to bring this number with you on exam day as well as government issued photo ID.
- Remember your exam date and time. No further reminders will be sent from TICO. Please review the section on cancellations and no-shows.