TICO Education Standards - Appeals Policy for Re-score Request and other Challenges
A candidate may challenge the result of the exam. The challenge process is time limited and there is an administrative fee attached to each type of Appeal.
Types of Appeals
Re-score: Candidates can request a re-scoring of their results if they feel that their score does not reflect their performance or if they believe that a technical error may have impacted their score. Note: Since the TICO Exam scoring process is automated and involves several quality control measures, score adjustments will be exceedingly rare.
To initiative a re-score appeal, candidates should fill out the Rescore Request Form (below) and fax it to TICO at 905-624-8631. This must be done within 30 calendar days of the examination date. A fee of $60.00 must accompany the Re-score appeals form.
Other Challenges : Candidates may review some elements of the exam that they feel to be unreasonable.
Candidates are allowed to appeal the validity of one or more items on the exam. If the candidate challenges the content of an item, they are encouraged to outline their allegation as eloquently and thoroughly as possible. Please note: An expert committee has reviewed and approved the content of each item on each Exam Form used. As the specific content of the exam will not be released for security purposes, candidates are advised that they will not be able to review exam questions and answers during the appeal process.
- This must be done within 5 business days of the examination date.
- This type of appeal must be submitted in writing and must be accompanied by the appeals fee of $60.00.
- Candidates should provide their Unique TICO Registration Number
- Late requests for re-score or other challenges will be denied.
- The $60.00 fee is non-refundable.
- The $60.00 fee relates to each candidate. There is no special fee for challenges that relate to a group writing situation.
- TICO will report back to the candidate within 20 days of receiving the Rescore appeals form
- For 'other challenges' that involve content, TICO, will report back to the client in as timely a manner as possible, depending on the complexity of the issue being appealed and whether it is necessary to involve the TICO Education Standards Committee to help determine the outcome of the appeal.
- The ruling on the appeal is FINAL.